UNN SETS TO COMMENCE GSP MOODLE TESTS FOR 2ND SEMESTER | UNN GATE

NEWS FLASH

The UNN 2020/2021 Postutme / Screening Form is now on Sale. Call admin 08084559456 ||| STAY SAFE... REMAIN PRODUCTIVE DURING THIS LOCKDOWN BREAK ||| - - - - - - ||| ...TO RESTORE THE DIGNITY OF MAN!!!...

Post Top Ad

Your Ad Spot

Friday 9 June 2017

UNN SETS TO COMMENCE GSP MOODLE TESTS FOR 2ND SEMESTER

Information reaching us from from the General Studies unit by Dr. Onuorah Chioma in [Humanities] is that the GSP 208 Moodle quiz for 2nd semester will commence soon. 
Speaking with Dr. Onuorah C, she affirmed that according to the directives from  the coordinators of the moodle test, it was related to her unit that the moodle quiz will be carried out between 16th - 20th of June 2017.
The quiz which is suppose to cover 10 marks of the Continuous assessment (30 marks) is set to surface again after the "nightmare" in first semester.
It is obvious that most students offering the GSP courses in the University of Nigeria frowns greatly at the whole module test package. This is true because, it is believed that the only reason why the results for last semester (First semester GSP courses) aren't out is because of the fact that the compilation of the results for the various courses haven't been done, again owning to the fact that the finalization on the score of the so called GSP Moodle quiz havent been made too.
...See also schedule for all GSP Courses 2nd semester...
This test which have been written for the 3rd time, producing the same result of failure one way or the other, have become somewhat useless to students. The frequent statement by
student is that "why cant they use our term paper ?", "why cant they use the test we wrote in class?", "why cant they use our Attendance?". its been termed failure upon failure on the side of the organizers of the Quiz.
A lecturer (name withheld) addressing us this morning mention very importantly that for now they (lecturers) do not have a say in the whole moodle issue, he said in sarcasm that the truth is that the whole moodle thing has moodled the lives of both lecturers and students. In his own opinion he said we should just pretend that there is no 10 marks and work with 90 marks to make our 'As' and 'Bs'.
other lectures in the same vein have frowned at the moodle test. But the bitter truth is that they cant do nothing.
...See also schedule for all GSP Courses 2nd semester... 

3 comments:

  1. I hate the Moodle tests. They r supposed to give at least 2 batches 4 each department. Some people don't have android phones or laptops to use. The network in the school is poor. If they want to do this Moodle test, they should improve the network so, students will stop having problems. Some of us couldn't write b/c of network issues. Then the sudden postponement too. The last GS 207 mop up quiz, I couldn't write it b/c I heard it was on Monday. I tried enrolling, but we weren't enrol even on that same Monday early in the morning. The next day, my phone was switched off early in the morning b/c of power issues. When I finally switched on my phone and realized what was happening, my batch had already written the test. I nearly cried. All I did was write for another department even though I knew it hopeless b/c my lecturer won't score me. I suggest that they give more than 1 batch for each department so that those that missed the first one can at least try to write the second oneor even permit students to inter-write that is writing in a department that's not ones . I've lost 10 marks b/c of postponement not but a lot of other people who couldn't write b/c of network issues and other problems. Before people do this kinda thing, they consider all problems and try to rectify them. They've neglected the network issues and they want us to write the test using magic. Abroad, where this kinda thing is done, they have free network access and the internet connection is very strong. They should do it such that students can access the network from their toilets. They should please reconsider and allow us to rewrite the moodle tests. SUG officials, please, help us, your fellow students. Speak for us b/c we are helpless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They can even do the test in the library and choose a day for each test especially for those that don't have laptops.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry, there were errors in my first comment. I hate the Moodle tests. They are supposed to give at least 2 batches 4 each department. Some people don't have android phones or laptops to use. The network in the school is poor. If they want to do this Moodle test, they should improve the network so, students will stop having problems. Some of us couldn't write b/c of network issues. Then the sudden postponement too. The last GS 207 mop up quiz, I couldn't write it b/c we were informed by our lecturer that it was on Monday. I tried enrolling, but we weren't permitted to enrol even on that same Monday. I started trying before that day, even early that morning & most part of the day. The next day, my phone was switched off early in the morning b/c of power issues. When I finally switched on my phone and by the time I realized what was happening, my batch had already written the test. I nearly cried. All I did was write for another department even though I knew it hopeless b/c my lecturer won't score me. I suggest that they give more than 1 batch for each department so that those that missed the first one can at least try to write the second one or even permit students to inter-write that is writing in a department that's not ones department. I've lost 10 marks b/c of postponement not only me but a lot of other people who couldn't write b/c of network issues and other problems. Before people do this kinda thing, they consider all possible problems and try to rectify them. They've neglected the network issues and they want us to write the test using magic. Abroad, where this kinda thing is done, they have free network access and the internet connection is very strong. They should do it such that students can access the network even from their toilets. They should please reconsider and allow us to rewrite the moodle tests. SUG officials, please, help us, your fellow students. Speak for us b/c we are helpless.

    ReplyDelete

Get Prompt Updates


Post Top Ad